When you use the Service we collect information about you. In general, this information helps us provide better features for you. However, we may use that information in other ways. Regardless of how we use your information, we want to make sure it remains secure at all times. This Policy is meant to explain exactly how we protect your information – we knows it’s important that we get this right.
Collection of Information
- General. For a better experience, while using our Service, we may require
you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not
limited to Name, Email Address, Phone Number, Date of Birth, Gender, Age, Sexual Preference,
Photograph, Location, Social Media. The information that we request will be retained by us
and used as described in this Policy. Use of your information may also be affected by
third-party privacy policies of Facebook, Google, or Apple. Those privacy policies can be
accessed at each of their respective websites.
Additionally, should you opt not to login via a social media account, you’ll be required to create a password with the registration of your account. This password can be reviewed and changed at any time by you while logged in.
- Facebook Permissions. The Service may by default access your Facebook basic account information, including your name, email, gender, birthday, current city, and profile picture URL, as well as other information that you choose to make public. We may also request access to other permissions related to your account, such as friends, checkins, and likes, and you may choose to grant or deny us access to each individual permission
- General. For a better experience, while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to Name, Email Address, Phone Number, Date of Birth, Gender, Age, Sexual Preference, Photograph, Location, Social Media. The information that we request will be retained by us and used as described in this Policy. Use of your information may also be affected by third-party privacy policies of Facebook, Google, or Apple. Those privacy policies can be accessed at each of their respective websites.
We want to inform you that whenever you use our Service, in a case of an error in the app we collect data and information (through third party products) on your phone called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilizing our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics. Sometimes, we maintain this Log Data in raw format, because we have to. Times when this might happen include:
- Maintaining compliance with laws or a court order or other legal mandate;
- Resolving an issue or dispute involving your information;
- Fulfilling legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing our users’ safety and security.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the websites that you visit and are stored on your device's internal memory.
This Service does not use these “cookies” explicitly. However, the Service may use third party code and libraries that use “cookies” to collect information and improve their services. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of this Service.
Use of Information
Our main goal is to give you a great experience while using the Service. In order to make this happen, we may use your information to:
- Offer you our services and features;
- Contact you with information about the Service;
- Conduct research and analytics on how you use and interact with our Service;
- Personalize the Service and the content we show you;
- Resolve disputes between you and others;
- Investigate fraud, protect our legal rights, and enforce our Terms and Conditions.
Disclosure of Information
In general, our policy is to not share your information. However, in certain instances we may do so. Times where we might share your information include:
- By Law or to Protect Rights. If we believe the release of information about you is necessary
to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies,
or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as
permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes
exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance. Such parties will be required to maintain the security of your information.
- Marketing Communications. With your consent, or with an opportunity for you to withdraw consent, we may share your information with third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
- Interactions with Other Users. If you interact with other users of the Service, those users may see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity, including sending invitations to other users, chatting with other users, liking posts, following blogs.
- Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Service. These companies may use information about your visits to the Service and other websites that are contained in web cookies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Business Transfers. In the event that GeekStyr or its affiliates undergoes a business transition or change of ownership, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, re-organization, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, or in the event of insolvency or bankruptcy, we may be required to disclose your information.
- By Law or to Protect Rights. If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Service, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Service. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Service, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
Changes to the Policy
GeekStyr takes the security of your information seriously and takes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the protection of your information. However, no security measure is 100% secure, and we’re unable to guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or other breaches will never occur. Follow these steps to help secure your account:
- Log out of your account when not in use;
- Don’t share your password with others;
- Change your password on a regular basis.
If you ever think someone has had access to your social media password, please report it to the relevant social media platform and change your password immediately. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal data while it is being transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk.
WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY BREACHES OF SECURITY, DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, OR ANY LOSS OR UNAUTHORIZED USE OF YOUR REGISTRATION INFORMATION OR OTHER DATA.
- Log out of your account when not in use;
If you have any questions, please contact us at:
- GeekStyr, LLC
- P.O. BOX 1226
- Dallas, TX 75275